Tuesday 10 December 2013

Another male card


This is a commissioned card. All I was told was that she wanted happy birthday and husband on it. So what better excuse than to get the letterbox set out! I knew i wanted to use the postage stamps for this card so out they came as well.
I stamped the big ATC stamp and masked it off. I stamped another stamp to make it look like it was behind and masked it off as well. I then used the smaller stamp stamps and added 4 more.
Next i built the scenes in each stamp. The cars are from Tim Holtz. The birds and watches are from Clarity stamp, the train is from stampendous and the other 2 I can't remember. i went around stamps with a pale blue promarker to add some depth and shadow.
i matted the topper on navy blue card which i distressed with silver gilding wax. i used same wax on the metal embellishments.
I finished the card with some blue card candy.
finished dimensions 8x8. I really hope she likes it as this was a lot of hard work involving cutting out several masks with innies and outies. Enjoy your day Theresa xx


6 comments:

  1. fantastic, I'm sure the ladies husband world be very impressed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't know about him but his wife loved it xx

      Delete
  2. Great card Theresa, love the single colour and the effect it gives.I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was very pleased with it and in fact payed me more for it xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE IT - what a great card Theresa - I have to do an 18th birthday and am struggling - this may just be the thing to spark my imagination . I love how you have also done little scenes within the stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lida. it's quite labour intensive a s it involves a lot of masking. so it's not a quick card xx

      Delete