Wednesday 11 December 2013

Christmas carolling.......


I can almost see you wincing. Not another Christmas card you gasp! Sorry but this is my offering for today.
This card was born as i bought this pad of Tim Holtz resist Christmas kraft card. When I saw this sheet I really liked it and wanted to use it. Luckily for me there were smaller replicas of the sheets as the pad was 12x12.
So I stamped the carol singers from Clarity stamp in black archival and embossed with clear powder. I added mustard yellow distress ink around the lantern and coloured it in with wild honey and spiced marmalade. I coloured in holly leaves and berries with promarkers. I inked the sheet with antique linen, tea dye and frayed burlap to make resist pop and to distress background. Finally i distressed all the edges using the distressing tool by Tim Holtz. I added some clear wink of stella to berries and some highlights on leaves. It's quite subtle so I don't know that it will show on pics.


Then i prepared base card. I used kraft card in keeping with main image. I started by stamping the Christmas carols from Clarity stamp in versamark thus obtaining a watermark effect. Then using espresso archival ink I stamped the Gaudate snowflake again from Claritystamp and the little snowflake in sepia.
I matted topper on black and stuck it on base card.
Finished card is 8x8. Hope you like it, Theresa xx



11 comments:

  1. Love that snowflake. And the whole card come to that xxx Very Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Theresa, so much atmosphere and a great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely Theresa. Like it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Theresa just love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara please can you help me where can I buy the template for the cloud & hill for , hope you can help rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can get it off Claritystamp website: http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/Accessories/Clarity-Masks/10749-/Clouds-MASK, and http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/Accessories/Clarity-Masks/10750-/Mountains-and-Hills-MASK
      hope this helps xx

      Delete
  6. Barbara please can you help me where can I buy the template for the cloud & hill for , hope you can help rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I'm trying to set up a blog and pulling my hair out a bit but hope to get there soon!

    ReplyDelete