Friday 13 December 2013

create a scene -Massimo's design


Well i can almost here you say....oh not again the little boy. It came about last Saturday. I wanted to make some more Christmas cards and i thought i should try and make some quick ones and in monochrome. So i was playing with snow scene and lesson 14 set when he came along and said he wanted to make some.
So he chose the card and decided to do it in blue. He wanted to use stag, snowflake, tree and happy Christmas stamps, all from Claritystamp.
So he stamped the sentiment first using cobalt blue archival ink. Then using ink dusters and weathered wood distress ink and a torn piece of copy paper, he set about to create background. He then stamped the trees in cobalt blue and the snowflakes in weathered wood.
and that's his scene created. 
And as he created a little scene I thought i'd enter it into the Claritystamp Challenge


These were the cards i was making using same inks and make up sponges. I finished them off with some frosted ice glitter.



When my 11 yr old saw his brothers card he wanted to make some too and he produced 8. He did half of them in espresso archival and gathered twigs distress ink.


These were my effort. I liked Massi's design so i decided to copy it as well. I tried a different take on it. Can you see the top blue one with the star? I don't think it works as well so I kept to original.

What do you think? It's a very quick card to make so if you are running short of time you would be able to produce one in under 10mins.
Take care, Theresa xx





6 comments:

  1. Great design from Massimo and I love how he's inspired you and his brother. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Massimo what a great Card I always look forward to seeing yours . Good luck in the Clarity Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene Massimo - so good Mummy's copying it!
    Theresa looks like you've made loads of cards and the look so pretty with the scallop edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Massimo, they are great. Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Massimo, I could do with having a crafty session with you, not done my Xmas Cards yet!!! I love to see your work and am so glad you entered our challenge. Hi there Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massimo - what can I say Its lovely - you are one clever little crafter - so glad you have entered the challenge - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete