Sunday 1 December 2013

lesson 23 homework




This was another card shown yesterday on classroom show. I used house stencil, sun mask, and stamps from rise and shine set and birdcage.
I started by cutting a piece of theuva card to 15x15 cm. I laid innie of stencil down choosing are that I  was happy with ( I sprayed it with stick and spray as my gate bit is wonky and otherwise moves).



I used a dream weaver stencil brush to put down black. Unlike Barbara I used black archival ink as I didn't want it to bleed when i used the distress inks later. I then stamped branch from bird cage set to frame artwork.

Then I positioned sun mask to side and using clarity brushes I inked with squeezed lemonade, mustard seed and spiced marmalade distress inks. I lifted mask and swirled inside the sun with what was left on brush. I turned mask slightly thus covering the rays so I could ink sky. I used tumbled glass, broken china, spun sugar, tattered rose and spiced marmalade.

Next came hills which were simply done using a piece of copy paper and peeled paint ink.

I finished it off by stamping sentiment in sun, cat on fence and  3 birds from bird cage. Matted and layered on complementing colours of card.

Finished size 7x7.

So i hope you haven't gone to sleep and kept with me till end. Have a good day, Theresa xx



5 comments:

  1. Theresa your work is so good, I love the cards you had in the Homework this weekend. Why might is be your last????? Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i mean as i'm not blogging other one as i'm not as happy with it xx

      Delete
  2. Theresa this is gorgeous yet another stunner from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Theresa, that sunshine is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete