Thursday 12 December 2013

Madeline


I cut a piece of black card to 7x7 and attached the madeline stencil to it at the top with masking tape. i brayered buff titanium onto small gelli plate and pulled print offleaving stencil attached to card. Then i added yellow ochre and sienna to gelli plate and tried to get it over the hair area as much as possible and pulled another print. Then I added dark brown over flower areas and did the same and again for blank area.
When i was happy i added some more contrast with the distress markers. 

as you can see here i added some stickles glitter to the flowers thus creating more interest on print.
Next came the task of turning it into a card. Below are the two options. I chose to embellish it a bit more as i felt that the glittered flowers needed to be balanced out.


 


 I added a small dotty flourish using the same stickle glitters. With the gold edged ribbon i made the flower in the corner and two strips around edges to give idea of a gift. I finished it off with 3 brown pearls in top right corner and a brown pearl in centre of flower.

Let me know your thoughts. Which one do you prefer? Incidentally this is the card I made for my friend's 50th and i will only post it after I have given it to her. Theresa xx

8 comments:

  1. Love it so much, Theresa, she is such a beautiful stencil but you have done a brilliant job with her ..she's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I love them both but my favourite is the bottom one with the extra embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so is mine Lisa. and that's what i gave my friend xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. she loved it and is going on wall in her craft space if i got it correctly xx

      Delete
  4. So pretty Theresa and love the added dimension the flakes add too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Theresa, and so elegant! xx

    ReplyDelete