Saturday 7 December 2013

purple birthday



This was the card I made for my friend's 40th Birthday. This time i used: Spellbinders gold embossing 1
blossom 3
die-lites sprig
letterbox numbers from Claritystamp
happy birthday from Claritystamp


This is the finished card. i started with a piece of white card and using the triangle i cut it out and embossed it 4 times thus creating a square. I cut a piece of purple card slightly smaller than white and sprayed it with iridescent multicolour glitter spray from Crafter's Companion, and stuck it to the white square. I matted this on a larger piece of lilac card and then white again. 
Then I stamped sentiment (with help of some masking) in black archival and clear embossed it. I cut it out with the squarish die from same set. I drew around same die on lilac card and cut it out with scissors as a mat. Stuck 2 pearls each side of 40. The little ones are all liquid pearls. Here is a close up of topper and flower.



Next i die cut flower in purple and stuck a pearl in centre. Then i cut 3 sprigs from purple card and sprayed them with glitter spray. I then tied purple organza ribbon around the bakground piece and tied a knot at side. This is where i added a twine bow and sprigs and flower. I then added sentiment with foam tape for some dimension.
The finished card is 8x8. Whatever you do enjoy yourselves, Theresa xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the detail in this card, absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card fab colour. ..I do like purple. .bet your friend was chuffed to bits x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually she hasn't even said thank you! and not for gift either! but thanks Linda xx

      Delete