Monday 23 December 2013

stained glass windows


Well if you have seen this set of 5 stained glass stencils from Claritystamp you will immediately recognize these. 
I attached the stencil to a piece of black card with masking tape only from the top. I spread white acrylic paint over small gelli plate and layed down card with stencil attached an pulled a print thus creating base. Then i put some yellow paint on top third of plate and as there was image i could see where i wanted it and pulled another impression on top.Then i just lifted card off without unhinging it and put some ink through stencil where hills are. Before laying back card i cleaned the stencil so not to smudge card and pulled this print.
Finally i did same with brown paint and lower part of stencil. And that is print finished.
I stamped same stamp on white shrink plastic and cut it out and heated it with heat gun and obtained white embellishment in corner. I trimmed topper down and matted and layered and stuck to A5 card.
For the sentiment I used the Clarity banner which i stamped in black archival and embossed in clear detail powder. 
First card ready.

Here are some other versions;

 Here I decided to follow shape of window

 In this one I used gold acrylic

 And here I used blue and yellow

I hope you like these. I really enjoyed making them so feel free to leave comments which i truly appreciate, Theresa xx




5 comments:

  1. Oh Theresa these are stunning you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful xx you are v good with the gelli and I have just realised where I have been going wrong this aft xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so now you can go forwards Linda. glad you have worked it out. thanks foryour comments xx

      Delete