Friday 13 December 2013

through the window


  This is one of my personal favourite Christmas cards that I have made this year and it is going out to a friend who i know likes it.
To find out how I made the gelli brick wall you can look at my previous post here.
Then I started working on central scene. Using the rolling hills section of stencil in lesson 22 I created sand dunes with the clarity brushes and distress inks: mustard seed, tea dye and rusty hinge. By the way I masked off the sky.
Then I masked sand dunes and coloured in sky with tumbled glass, stormy sky and faded jeans. Next I stamped the 3 Kings , palm trees and nativity star from Claritystamp in black archival ink. I embossed star with stardust powder.
Finally it is simply put on brown base card with finished dimensions 8x8.
Well seeing that i have actually created a scene I would like to enter it into the Claritystamp Challenge.


 This is another version that sprouted from same idea of brick wall. This time I used hills as hills and stamped sheep and shepherd in the foreground and the small nativity in background. I masked off star on this little stamp so i stamped a bigger nativity on top.

 This is yet another version of window. This time i created a snowy background and planted some trees in different sizes to create perspective. I stamped and embossed small robin and flowers from lesson 22 in foreground. I colored them using promarkers and added glossy accents to flower centres and robin's eye and finished landscape with some glitter.

 This is my final version which is homework i sent in.

Well i hope you like what I created and don't forget to leave a comment, Theresa xx





9 comments:

  1. I can see why the first one's your favourite, Theresa. The Gelli print wall is great and I love how you've use that stencil to create the sand dunes. Loving the linking too. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all thanks to you lynne now i can link! thanks for the comments xx

      Delete
  2. Such a clever card and looks even better in real life. Good Luck in the Clarity Challenge Theresa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous entry for the Challenge Theresa and how versatile that you can change the scenes in your "aperture". I also love the way you've blended a darker colour around the arch which makes the wall look curved.
    Thanks for entering and very Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Theresa, love the one you have entered and and other are great too. So glad you have entered the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all lovely Theresa! Such special Christmas cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am gutted I thought I had been here and left you a comment these are all lovely Theresa but I can see why the first one is your fave. good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very lovely and I had a look at your instructions which were great. I had a go myself and I can see me using the wall with the arch for so many different scenes. Thank you. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your entry and all the others you made from this idea. Wonderful inspiration Theresa. Best of luck in the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete