Tuesday 24 June 2014

21st birthday

Hello my friends. Today's offering uses Claritystamp stamps. This was a commissioned card for a football fan. I had planned one thing in my head but then as I was making it, the card seemed to evolve and get a life of its own.


I started with a piece of theuva card for main artwork. I stamped the large stamp in black archival ink and masked it off. Then i got some bubble wrap that I inked with versamark and stamped top and bottom of masked image. I clear embossed with fine powder.


Leaving mask on, I laid a piece of copy paper that I had cut in shape of hill across card. Using Clarity stencil brushes I inked the grass in shabby shutters and peeled paint distress ink. The sky was done in tumbled glass and broken china. Using same inks I also stamped sport randomly as shown. While mask was still on I added shade all around the stamp. I used darker distress inks such as stormy sky and faded jeans and forest moss. 

I lifted mask off and stamped sport in black archival ink.




I stamped footballer silhouette inside the o framer in black archival and heat set. Then i covered ball in versamark ink and clear embossed. Using make up sponges I inked the sky and grass with broken china and mowed lawn. (I had stamped sport on post-it and cut inside O out so I could mask off the area). At this point I decided that i wasn't going to ink stamp as I really liked the way it looked now. The stamp looked like it was away from background and I was looking through a hole. So I just stamped 4 little corners in tumbled glass. 

I finished topper off by inking all around edges in faded jeans and chipped sapphire ink and wiped ink off clear embossed areas so white shows up  more.
I matted on black and added a small footie sticker in corner.

 I stamped sentiment using letterbox kit and words in black archival on base card. I wound some blue twine around base card and stuck a ball on one side. As this lad is a Coventry fan I added the blue T-shirt and the cup wit blue twine on handles.

So I hope you like my make. I must say I was pleased with it and it does look more dimensional when you see it in your hands.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - I ought to use them more (stamps on main topper)
Fan-tastic Tuesday - anything goes


11 comments:

  1. Fab card..funny hiw sometimes they just evolve as we go along lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, love the word also incorporates the image... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab footy card and superb stamping techniques! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning hun fabulous card love it - thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday very good luck hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Theresea.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Theresa. I don't think any of my cards end up like the original plan in my head! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you ladies for all your fab comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely 21st card, love the image incorporated within the lettering and a fabulous scene you have set too. Lovely design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Theresa. I love the combination of the "O" and the postage stamp. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Theresa and a great blog. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great artwork Theresa. I'm sure the person who commissioned this card was highly delighted with the result.
    Thanks so much for entering the Clarity Challenge. Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete