Friday 13 June 2014

things with wings ....

Hello my friends. As I was browsing the blogs I follow, i saw that the new challenge over at the fussy and fancy site is all about wings. I then remebered that I still had this Easter card that I hadn't blogged and so I decided to give it an airing.


I started by blending distress ink on the reverse of centura pearl card. I used rusty hinge, tea dye, ripe persimmon, mustard seed and squeezed lemonade. I then got some elastic bands around the brayer and spritzed liberally with water. I rolled it over the card and dabbed it with kitchen paper after a few seconds.


Then i stamped this beautiful feather from Claritystamp across background in potting soil archival ink. I stamped it in different directions so it looks like the feathers are tumbling. I darkened edges with walnut stain. Next I stamped chicks again from claritystamp in potting soil archival and clear embossed. I coloured them in with distress markers. I fussy cut them and attached them to background. I added glossy accents to their eyes, beaks and feet (couldn't remember what you call them!) I stamped sentiment also from Clarity in potting soil and again clear embossed.


To finish card off i added some white enamel dots and added some highlights with a white pen. I matted and layered on complimentary colours and stuck to base card. Finished card is 7x7.

As always i hope you like my offering, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Fussy and fancy challenge - things with wings
Stampin' for the weekend - anything goes




16 comments:

  1. Oooh beautiful Theresa!! Gorgeous colours and background, love the white pen highlights too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. nice to hear from you xx

      Delete
  2. Isn't this lovely artwork?! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I just love this Theresa. Its beautiful and cute all in one. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning and hoping over from Fan-Tastic Tuesday to admire your lovely project - very good luck - hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! Love the background, the way you stamped the feathers and those cute chicks, so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this, the background is gorgeous and those little chicks are just adorable xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Design, thank you so much for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, it is much appreciated, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Great the way you have combined the chicks and the feathers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card - love the way your feathers are falling! Thanks for joining in The Fussy and Fancy challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete