Tuesday 25 November 2014

vroom, vroom.....

So this time I'm back with a card that is created with Claritystamp stamps and stencils. I bought the motorcycle stamp recently and was itching to use it. I needed to make a male birthday card and I thought that this would be the right time to use it.


So I started by stamping the Harley in black archival and clear embossing it. I then masked it and got to work with the brick wall stencil. I masked off the arch and the floor area and also the bike.
Using the clarity brushes and various brown distress inks, I blended them through stencil. i added some texture over bricks by stamping in aged mahogany with a texture sponge. I also darkened area around arch as this creates depth and makes it look rounded. 

                     

For the ground I used the chess stencil and pumice stone distress ink after masking off the brick wall area.
Then it was time for the scene inside the arch. I put a sun mask and masked off the brick area and inked the sky again with the brushes. Then using a strip of torn copy paper i set about inking in the fields. 
The trees, fences etc are all stamped in black archival.


Finally I inked the sun and then coloured in the Harley using Spectrum Noir pencils. I used a silver sakura pen for the metallic areas and used glossy accents over the red areas. It is really difficult to see in pics although i tried various angles.


I hope you like my make, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Fantastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist - add a tree or two
TTCRD - anything goes




16 comments:

  1. Fab card what a clever idea to put the arch in the wall love the shading brill man card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Fabulous card and image, but I just love that background!!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant design Theresa. Wonderful ececution Love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, this is fantastic and so much work. Great use of the Clarity stamps and stencils and perfect for our Travel Challenge. Hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa I love this card, its a WOW in my books. Has a 50's feel to it too. xxx Good Luck with our Challenge. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Sam. i wanted it to look somewhat retro xx

      Delete
  6. Theresa I will give you that secret ingredient if you tell me how you got your Gelli Prints in the Background of your Blog, they look great. x

    ReplyDelete