Friday 3 April 2015

Easter basket ...

I'm back again with another Easter treat. This project was inspired by the lovely Emma Williams pastel project that she did for Simon says stamp Monday challenge blog. You can find her blog post here.


This basket started it's life like this. It was full of clementines....


I gessoed it on the outside and then applied distress paints. I used cracked pistachio, squeezed lemonade, broken china and mermaid lagoon. I then added some abandoned coral with a texture sponge.

 

Once dry I used an egg stencil, that was a NDSC stencil last month from Clarity stamp, and dragged grunge paste through it after some masking. I did this on three sides.
Then I painted them with more distress paints: dried marigold, shaded lilac, shabby shutters, squeezed lemonade and broken china.
Then I used the faded dot stencil by Tim Holtz and added pewter and tarnished brass through it.


As I hope you can see from pic above the eggs are then double galzed with clear embossing powder.




Then I made the roses. First I dragged a piece of thin card through squeezed lemonade stain spritzed with water. I diecut 3 large and 6 small flowers with the tattered florals die and used 3 flowers per rose. Before I assembled I inked edges with abandoned coral.

                                    

For the leaves I used various distress stains and sprays; peeled paint, cracked pistachio, evergreen bough, squeezed lemonade, pine needles. Again I spritzed with water and dragged card through it. 
Then I cut various foliage using Tim Holtz dies. I stamped them with leaf veins using fern green archival ink. i inked edges with gathered twigs distress inks.


Now it was time to embellish the basket. I added jute ribbon round the edge of the basket and along the handle. Then I added the leaves along the handle. I added a double bow of jute and then added the flowers.


Finally I covered the inside with thick ivory paper.


Now all that was left to do was to fill the basket with chocolate eggs and chicks.....


I hope you like my offering today. I sure spent a few pleasant hours creating it, Theresa xx

I would like to enter the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes


10 comments:

  1. Oh Theresa this is fabulous. I love the design of it the embellishments and the colours yoi have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Theresa. I genuinely thought the roses and leaves were real, amazing effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Someone was really lucky to receive this basket. I love the flowers with the new distress ink color on the edges. I really like that color with the yellow. Thank you for joining us last week at Through The Craft Room Door Our new challenge starts today and I hope you will join us.

    ReplyDelete