Monday 24 August 2015

fly away....

Hello my friends. I'm back with a male card for a change.  I was browsing the Simon Says stamp Monday challenge blog and the theme this week is tickets. I remembered a card that I had made some time ago and so decided to blog it.



This was one of the first set of stamps that I bought from the Tim Holtz range. I started with a cream base card on which I randomly stamped the ticket with coffee archival ink.
On another piece of card I sprinkled some coffee granules and spritzed with warm water to help them dissolve and age the card. Once dry I stamped the map with coffee archival ink and cut it out. I matted it on brown and stuck it down with foam pads for dimension.


I stamped the plane in same ink and clear embossed it. I cut it out and stuck it to map. I stamped the compass in 3rd generation ink. I overstamped it with sentiment and die cut it and matted onto brown. I stuck it down as shown and added some cogs from the Tim Holtz range. 


So I hope you like my interpretation of the theme, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Incy Wincy Designs challenge - birthday wishes


10 comments:

  1. I love this plane! Happy you joined. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Blog. Cheers, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'male' card! Love the coffee staining, good idea! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely vintage looking card Theresa and the tickets and then the map go perfectly with the TH aeroplane stamp. A great card! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Theresa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Theresa - lovely card and perfect for a masculine Birthday. Love all the stamps you've used and you definitely kept up with the transport theme! Thanks for playing at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete