Friday 13 November 2015

Thankful....

Hello my crafty friends. Today it is time for another challenge over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
This week the challenge is being hosted by Lozzy and she has chosen the theme Thankful.
Our sponsors for this week are Sweet Lilac Flowers and Fresh Brewed designs.


When I saw the theme of this challenge I knew I wanted to use a set of stamps by Tim Holtz. They had been waiting for the right moment for their outing and now here they are.


So I started with a piece of white card and blended distress ink all over it. I used squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, crushed olive, twisted citron, carved pumpkin and abandoned coral. I spritzed with water and blotted with kitchen towel after a few seconds.
I wanted it more distressed so I sprayed it with hickory smoke spray stain. I then spritzed it with bronze perfect pearls spray for a bit of bling.



I stamped the large stamp with black archival and clear embossed it. I inked round the edges with vintage photo and gathered twigs. Then I matted and layered it as shown and stuck to base card.


Next I turned my attention to embellishments. I stamped the 2 leaves in the set blending various distress inks on stamp prior to stamping. I fussy cut them and spritzed some hickory smoke. The acorn was stamped in potting soil archival and the wheat in dandelion archival. I clear embossed both and fussy cut them as well.
I arranged them as shown and added some more flowers and foliage from Sweet Lilac Flowers. You can see some small buds that I created from smaller blooms. 
To keep to the more earthy feel of this card I added a raffia bow which looks more natural. 
So that is my inspiration for this challenge. for more inspiration visit the main FFFC blog and you will find lots more to inspire you from the rest of my team mates.
So do come and join us for this weeks challenge, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - N is for November with all its implications....
Bitten by the bug 2 blogspot - thanksgiving; fall colours


14 comments:

  1. Love this so much Theresa, it reminds me of Harvest Thanksgiving services we used to have when I was a child wen flowers and produce were taken to the church and then given to the elderly and needy. Beauutiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Theresa and I adore the colours you have used with these wonderful TH stamps and the flowers and foliage etc finish it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa what a beautiful card...so full of fall colors. Great card, or it would make a great shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful, lovely details...thanks for sharing at pile it on

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful artwork! Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty. love the flower arrangement and all the collage embossing.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete