Wednesday 22 June 2016

patterned papers

Hello my friends. Today the card on offer is made from HOTP papers. It was one of those complete kits that used to be on QVC back in the day. It is not my usual card although I do love these papers as they co-ordinate very nicely with each other. 


So I chose some papers that called out to me to be used and I started constructing the card. The black strip is a shimmery paper that also comes in the pack. The glycine envelope was also in the kit. i inked its edges with black soot distress ink as I did with the edges of all the papers.


I also stamped around edges with stitches stamps that were also part of the kit. I stamped best wishes on the tag. The main sentiment is die cut with a crealis die and I inked it with twisted citron and shabby shutters distress ink while still in the die. I also went round with a fine black micron pen. I matted it and added a small paper ribbon. Finally I added the brad eyelet.
As a final embellishment I also added card candy which is made from pearlescent card and is also shimmery.


I followed the same process for the sentiment inside. The paper strip is matted on the black shimmery paper and also stamped with a zigzag type of stitch stamp. 
So in the end I felt pleased that I had still incorporated some stamping in this card, Theresa xx.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simon says Stamp Monday challenge - use patterned papers (HOTP)
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Papers - june patterned papers
Pile it on challenge - something old, something new, something blue (old: paper kit. new: stamps hadn't been used, blue: paper)



16 comments:

  1. Very pretty inside and out Theresa and a lovely design and the HOTP papers are beautiful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of papers, Theresa, and I love your message in the vellum pocket! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has so many fantastic details to love! And you're right- these patterns look perfect together! I really liked your little tucked-in message and how you gave it a handy green pull-tab. I also really like the stitching detail. You've given this paper new life with your fresh style and clever layout of elements. I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card design! Wonderful pattern combo and I love the "peek-a-boo" message. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea - nice job!Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gail and blessings to you too xx

      Delete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Theresa!
    I love the creative use of the envelope. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge. I'm so grateful to have you play along, and I hope that you will join us again real soon.
    Have a blessed week, and God bless you!
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - I'd love to have you stop by and say hello sometime.

    ReplyDelete